Skilled Assistance With Personal Injury Claims In Illinois
If you have been hurt in an accident caused by someone else, your injury affects you physically, financially and emotionally. At Bonifield & Rosenstengel, P.C., in St. Clair County, we provide zealous advocacy to recover the compensation you need to pay medical bills, cover repair costs and help you move on with your life. We will fight aggressively on your behalf against insurance companies, always pursuing an outcome that supports your personal goals and wishes.
For more than 35 years, we have fought for clients throughout southern and central Illinois, delivering results that help our clients make strong recoveries. If you have been injured, we can help. Speak with a lawyer today and schedule a free initial consultation at 618-215-2412 or toll free at 866-223-2525.
Ready To Take On A Wide Range Of Injury Claims
Personal injury claims arise when one person is injured due to the negligence of another person or company. Our personal injury lawyers have the experience necessary to effectively handle serious and catastrophic injury claims involving:
- Auto accidents: We represent people who have been seriously injured in motor vehicle accidents, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, bicycle accidents and pedestrian accidents.
- Premises liability: Our attorneys protect the interests of clients who are injured due to the negligence of property owners — including slip-and-fall accidents, negligent security cases and dog bite injuries.
- Product liability: We serve people who have been injured as the result of defective products. These cases arise when people are injured due to the negligent design or manufacture of products or when products aren’t properly labeled.
- Fatal accidents: We represent families who have lost a loved one due to someone else’s carelessness. Our lawyers provide aggressive and empathetic representation to clients in wrongful death claims.
- Insurance disputes: We represent clients in bad faith insurance disputes, where an insurance company has denied or refuses to pay a valid claim. We also help clients file underinsured or uninsured motorist claims against their auto insurance company.
- Gas fires and explosions: Faulty gas lines, meters, and outdated or defective equipment can result in gas fires and explosions. We pursue compensation against all responsible parties for injuries caused by preventable gas explosions and fires.
- Industrial/construction accidents: Our attorneys represent clients injured on construction sites as a result of an accident, such as falling from scaffolding. We also assist clients injured in industrial facilities, including those injured in forklift accidents or by machine failure. If you are eligible for workers’ compensation benefits, we will help you pursue a fair award. If applicable, we will also evaluate your case for potential third-party claims – that is, separate personal injury lawsuits against people or entities other than your employer.
Questions We Often Hear At Bonifield & Rosenstengel, P.C.
At your free initial consultation and anytime afterward, we look forward to answering questions such as these in personalized ways, depending on the facts of your accidental injury.
How long do I have to file an injury claim in Illinois?
Normally, the statute of limitations is two years from the time of an injury. A couple of exceptions are explained below.
In medical malpractice cases, someone might not realize or discover that a medical mistake had caused harm. The statute of limitations is two years from the time of discovery. This may be longer in birth injury cases.
As of 2019, personal injury claims based on intentional misconduct in connection with childhood sexual abuse may be brought up to 20 years after someone discovers that abuse occurred and caused harm.
Can’t I just file an insurance claim on my own? Why do I need a lawyer’s help?
Many people who try to file claims independently end up realizing they need an attorney’s help to overcome denials, delays and undervaluing of their claims by insurers. Precious time needed for a thorough investigation may be lost if you wait too long to get legal counsel.
We are confident you will consider our help well worth pursuing. Remember: We represent people who have been injured on a contingency basis. That is, you will not owe attorney fees unless we obtain a settlement or verdict for you.
My doctors believe my injuries may result in long-term disabilities. What hope is there for my future now?
You and your closest family members now need time and courage to adapt to your disabilities. With aggressive legal representation by skilled litigators, you can leave the pursuit of compensation to professionals while you focus on physical therapy and practical adaptation to your new way of life.
If you choose Attorney Rosenstengel as your advocate, we will work closely with life care planners, occupational specialists and others who can help you understand the path before you while helping us pursue maximum compensation for you.
My spouse is suffering losses just as I am, even though I am the patient. Is there a path for recovery of compensation for them, too?
A short answer is, probably yes. Consult with an attorney about a loss of consortium claim for your spouse and other legal remedies that may alleviate some of their burdens.
Get A Free Case Analysis – And Rays Of Hope – After An Accidental Injury
No matter the nature of your injury, we are equipped to advocate on your behalf and deliver the results you need to cover medical bills, related expenses and lost wages, as well as compensation for pain and suffering.
Please call our Belleville, Illinois, office at 618-215-2412 or 866-223-2525 toll free, or reach out to us online, to arrange an initial consultation at no cost.