What To Do When Defective Or Dangerous Products Cause Injuries
Dangerous and defective products still injure and kill thousands of people every year, despite all of the governmental regulations and consumer protection advocates. Product liability claims are attempts by consumers to hold manufacturers, designers and sellers liable for the injuries their products have caused.
If you were harmed by a dangerous product, contact Bonifield & Rosenstengel, P.C., for legal guidance on whether you have a legal claim against the manufacturer or other parties. Located in Belleville, Illinois, we represent clients in product liability claims throughout central and southern Illinois, as well as the St. Louis, Missouri, metropolitan area.
Free consultation: If you are considering filing a product liability claim, complete our online contact form to schedule a free initial consultation.
Examples Of Product Liability Accidents
Any type of product can unexpectedly injure you or a family member. There are a variety of ways to recover compensation after this type of injury. Here are some of the common types of claims:
- Design defects: These defects occur during the design of a product, which makes it dangerous to the consumer. This can occur either intentionally or unintentionally.
- Manufacturing defects: These defects occur when a product is manufactured in a way that does not adhere to design or its own manufacturing specifications.
- Marketing defects: These defects relate to improper labeling, inadequate labeling, or a failure to warn a consumer of a danger.
While any product can injure you, our firm focuses on representing clients injured by an unsafe car, farm equipment, industrial equipment, construction equipment or household appliance.
With more than 35 years of legal experience, our lawyers know how important it is to get our clients the compensation they deserve. While each case is unique, our firm will fight just as hard for every client we represent.
What Products Cause The Most Harm?
Some categories of products are more likely to cause harm than others. Dangerous product categories include:
- Baby products and toys
- Power tools
- Swimming pools
Even if no recalled was ever issued for your product, you may still have a legal claim.
Top Household Product Dangers To Watch Out For
Many potentially hazardous products are commonplace in every household. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, the top household hazards are:
- Magnets, which can be exceptionally powerful and also cause harm to children when swallowed or ingested
- Recalled products, which you might not be aware of
- Furniture that can easily tip over, especially with small children
- Curtains, drapes and shades, which pose significant strangulation hazards for children
- Windows and window screens, which can result in harm from falls
- Drains for pools and hot tubs, which can cause harm due to strong suction
If you were injured by these or other products, talk to our lawyers about your options.
What To Expect In A Product Liability Case
As a type of personal injury lawsuit, product liability claims follow the same general legal process. These claims are often resolved through settlement, outside of court. However, they may also go to trial, and it’s important to work with a legal team that is prepared to fight for you in court.
Product liability cases differ from other personal injury lawsuits in that experts are often necessary for building a strong case. Our lawyers know how to involve the right experts to prepare compelling evidence for trial.
Free Consultation To Discuss Your Options After A Product-Related Injury
We can help your legal options after you or a loved one has suffered serious harm due to a dangerous product. Contact us to schedule a free initial consultation about a product liability claim. Call 618-215-2412 or toll free at 866-223-2525. Our attorneys represent clients throughout Illinois and Missouri, including people in East St. Louis and Edwardsville.